The Netgate® SG-1000 microFirewall is a cost-effective, state-of-the-art, ARM®-based, pfSense® Security Gateway appliance. The SG-1000 comes with dual 1Gbps Ethernet ports, enabling maximum throughput exceeding 100Mbps. The ARM Cortex®-A8 in the TI AM3552 SoC and DDR3L RAM facilitate low-power consumption while maintaining performance. The SG-1000 comes in a lightweight anodized aluminum case. It’s credit-card sized footprint allows it to be easily tucked away, but you’ll be proud to show it off. We’ve even bundled in a one-year subscription of pfSense Gold; a $99 value that provides access to auto-config backup, monthly hangouts, and more.
The Netgate SG-1000 microFirewall is inexpensive and purpose-built to run pfSense software. It can be deployed in many environments: Multi-dwelling units (MDU) such as apartments and dorm rooms, commercial-control applications (SCADA), and the more traditional small office / home office environments. It is also an ideal security gateway for the Internet of Things (IoT) applications such as remote monitoring applications for smart home/smart cities, commercial automation, energy management, agricultural, and health care.
pfSense software is a free, open source firewall and router distribution based on FreeBSD that is functionally competitive with expensive, proprietary commercial firewalls. pfSense software-based appliances can be configured as a stateful packet filtering firewall, a LAN or WAN router, VPN Appliance, DHCP Server, DNS Server, or can be configured for other applications and special purpose appliances. This next generation pfSense security appliance features include:
- Stateful packet filtering firewall or pure router.
- Routing policy per gateway and per-rule for failover and load balancing.
- Transparent layer 2 firewall.
- Support for IPV6, NAT, BGP.
- Captive portal with MAC filtering, RADIUS support, etc.
- VPN: IPsec, OpenVPN, L2TP.
- Dynamic DNS client.
- Reporting and monitoring features with real time information.
- CPU: TI AM3352 ARM Cortex-A8 600 MHz, including crypto accelerator
- CPU Cores: 1
- Networking: 2x 1GbE on RJ45 (switched)
- Storage Options: 4GB eMMC Flash on board
- Memory Options: 512MB DDR3 Non ECC
- Console Port: Micro USB
- USB Ports: 1x 2.0 OTG
- Max Active Connections: 200,000
- Dimensions: 1" x 2" x 3"
- Case: Desktop case, vented anodized aluminum available in red or black
- Cooling: Passive
- Power: 5 VDC power input connector
- Environmental: 0°C (32°F) to 50°C (122°F)
- Power Consumption: 2.5W (idle)
- Certifications: FCC, CE, RoHS